Re: Two output questions

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Two output questions
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:52:16 +0100

2007/12/11, Jim Neubauer <address@hidden>:
> This program is wonderful. I really enjoy using it. I have two output
> questions however.
> I've written a very simple hymn and used lilypond to get it onto paper. I am
> wondering about the *.ps files that are generated. I think I've figured out
> that they are acutally image files. What is the minimum program I need from
> Adobe to view those images or use them directly outside of the pdf format?
> Right now I'm working around by using a pdf to tiff converter, but would like
> to create a 1/2 page insert for the bulletin in a more direct way.

Firstly, the PostScript file is an intermediate rendering of the
score, then used to obtain the PDF file from it. You can ignore or
delete it if you have got a proper PDF.

Secondly, if you need a bitmap image from the score, use the --png
commandline option,
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Command_002dline-usage#Command_002dline-usage

With the ghostscript/gsview combination for Windows you can view the
PS files and also export to bitmap from them, from inside of this
program. It is not from Adobe.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org