Re: Two output questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two output questions
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:21:47 +0100

Jim Neubauer wrote:

This program is wonderful. I really enjoy using it. I have two output questions however. I've written a very simple hymn and used lilypond to get it onto paper. I am wondering about the *.ps files that are generated. I think I've figured out that they are acutally image files. What is the minimum program I need from Adobe to view those images or use them directly outside of the pdf format? Right now I'm working around by using a pdf to tiff converter, but would like to create a 1/2 page insert for the bulletin in a more direct way.
What software do you use to produce the rest of the bulletin?
Note that there's support for embedding LilyPond examples
directly into a text document, if you use
- OpenOffice (free clone of MS Office), see
 http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net/
- HTML or LaTeX, see "lilypond-book: Integrating text and music"
 in the LilyPond manual.

  /Mats