Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:25:05 -0500

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:03:37 -0800, Ted Walther wrote:

> Thanks Graham.  I love Lilypond's PDF output.  For the MIDI end of
> things, are there any programs you'd recommend?  If I have to make an
> intermediate language, and output for both Lilypond and the other
> program, I will.

Download midge.  Do your score in lilypond, output midi, convert to midge, do
all the massaging you can stand.  Midge has text input, like lilypond.  It's
a pity that the input format for the notes is so different, but the
conversion works very well.

If you just want to do chords, Bob van der Poel's mma is by far the easiest
way to go.  daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards