Re: Lilypond on Leopard - who has it working?

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Lilypond on Leopard - who has it working?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:32:10 +0000 (UTC)

Sven Axelsson wrote:

> OK, I know. The standard reply to the Lilypond vs. Lopard question is
> "compile it yourself". I could do that, but I believe it is a bit more
> complicated than just
>
>     make
>     sudo make install
>
> so it wold be easier if someone who has done this already could make an
> unofficial build available. Anyone? Please, pretty please? Just the
> command line stuff is fine, no need for any GUI crud.

If you happen to have Fink installed, you can install Lilypond through Fink.
The current versions supported are 2.10.29 and 2.11.31, although I've heard
that you can get the latest versions if you tweak Fink's .info files.

I realize this isn't exactly what you asked for, but if you have Fink
installed it is probably the easiest way.  It probably isn't worth it to
install Fink just for this purpose unless you're really having trouble
getting Lilypond working any other way.  I guess I could just send you my
binaries, but I don't have a very good idea of exactly which files you would
need, and there would probably be library issues at some point.

HTH,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
E-mail/Jabber: address@hidden | AIM bdesham128 | PGP D676BB9A