Re: Ugly fonts in 2.11.36

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Ugly fonts in 2.11.36
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:58:21 -0800 (PST)

Dear Paco & Cesar,

Paco Vila wrote:
> 2007/12/17, Cesar Penagos <address@hidden>:
>> I'm win. XP user, and recently upgrade from 2.11.34 to 2.11.36. and for
>> my
>> surprise the fonts are totally changed in this version; from the very
>> nice
>> Century; to an horrendous Arial or maybe Courier font in the time
>> signatures, the text all, and lyrics. Is this a new font to be used with
>> LP?
>> Is a Bug?.
>
> I confirm the same here on wXP. Also accented characters or eñe 'ñÑ'
> do not show. Error logs say something about Pango.
>
> The latter is not new; accented characters broke in 2.11.35. The new
> sans serif font is a nouveauté in 2.11.36.

The same happened here. I guess Pango or some other cannot find the fonts in
the Lilypond installation directory and uses Windows\Fonts directory fonts
instead. There's a workaround, though, so you can use .36.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14384528/fonttivirhe_36_better.png A sample of
"fixed" .36 score

Please, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2007-12/msg00153.html for a