Re: Ugly fonts in 2.11.36

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Ugly fonts in 2.11.36
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:07:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Francisco Vila-5 wrote:
> I have copied the eight type1\*.pfa files (24Kb each)  to
> c:\windows\fonts directory. Now accented characters are properly
> viewed but the font is still apparently Verdana.
>
> No errors in log this time.
>
> Am I copying the wrong files?

Hmm... After you copied the Type1 fonts are the dynamic marks now OK? Are
the texts (e.g. lyrics) still printed in Verdana but this time with accents?
Did you copy also the otf fonts (Century Schoolbook...)?

If I remove the Lilypond fonts (Century Schoolbook, aybabtu, emmentaler,
feta) from windows fonts directory all texts (dynamics, lyrics, markup) are
printed in Verdana. I have to copy both OTF and Type1 (pfa) fonts to get LP
to work properly.

I wonder if we have different problems or different cause because I didn't
have any problems with accents in LP .35. The Finnish ä and ö characters
(like German a and o umlauts) were fine and I tested even the Spanish n with
tilde (don't know its name) and it was OK. Funny.

-Risto