help with TexShop

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: help with TexShop
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:27:32 -0800

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here uses TexShop with the lilypond plugin. So
far it's working well, but I'm having some issues with the UTF-8. Namely, my
umlauts and ß show up as ASCII code rather than the characters. TexShop
displays the special characters in the input file correctly, but if I open my
input file in a texteditor (like nano), I see the ASCII code there. It seems to
me that there's some sort of thing between TexShop and lilypond that I just
don't know about.

That's the specific of my question, but any help on where to find more
documentation about TexShop, lilypond and UTF-8 would be appreciated.
Incidentally, I can get TexShop to render umlauts just fine in LaTeX mode with
\"u, and as I understand it, one of the plugins allows me to use LaTeX mode to
parse lilypond code with an option at the beginning of my lilypond code, I
don't recall it at the top of my head, but I haven't attempted that yet, since
I wanted to get things sorted out one at a time.