Re: OS X 10.5 SDK

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Re: OS X 10.5 SDK
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:13:12 +0100

Hi all,

I managed to run lilypond successfully under Leopard.
I found a line in a month old message on this list that solved the puzzle.

I recompiled guile (using macports) and adding an extra configure option --disable-rpath to disable hardcoded run-time paths. This seemed to me a sensible precaution as this would be needed to be able to package it into a .app directory.

Next I ran lilypond using the line I found in the message on this list (http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg32697.html)

DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="$DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/local/lib"

This fails, but after adding a symbolic link to libguile-srfi-srfi-1- v-3.dylib with the name libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3.so: bingo...

I checked it with a recently created score and it turns out nicely, except for the Arial/Helvetica font used for the Lyrics ...
But I expect this to be a small and easy to fix problem.

So Lilypond 2.11.36 runs under Mac OS X Leopard (Intel Core2 Duo iMac) and using the same environment variables should be enough to package everything together within the .app and run it from LilyPad (I suppose).

What remains is our Mac editor: LilyPad... Anyone knows where I could find the source code to this editor? It is not in http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/ ...

regards

Maurits