Please download and try

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Please download and try
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:56:52 +0100

Hi all,

After sending the previous message, I realised that more people would want to try to run Lilypond under Leopard and that testing this binary on other Leopard systems would confirm that it should not be too difficult to include it into a new Leopard-proof package.

Because I don't know exactly what libraries Lilypond needs at runtime, I created the next two files:

lilypond-Leopard-buildoutput.tar.gz
containing the out directory after the successful build

and

lilypondlibs.tar.gz
containing the entire compiled dependency tree of Lilypond,

I suppose it should run after doing the following:

Create a directory with a name of your choice, go into this directory and unpack lilypond-Leopard-buildoutput.tar.gz. After this, unpack lilypondlibs.tar.gz into the same directory.

Now run lilypond from this directory using the following command line:

DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="$DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH:./lib" bin/lilypond

I tried running lilypond with only all libguile files copied into the out/lib directory and that works. However, as I also have all libraries installed, it may not work elsewhere.
Some feedback would be very welcome!

The files can be downloaded from:

One side note: I suspect that this build is x86 / Intel only. I admit I haven't been paying attention to that. I will try it out myself later on a PPC Mac with Tiger to be sure, but if anyone happens to have a PPC mac with Tiger or Leopard and would like to have a go at it, please do and let me know.

regards

Maurits