custom clef characters

From: Mark Oates
Subject: custom clef characters
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:56:15 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I've searched the archives and docs but haven't found what I'm looking for.
Essentially I want to create a custom clef by using a different character from a
different font.

>From what I've gathered so far, I would need to (1) change the font name for
>the
clef.  So:

\override Staff.Clef #'font-name = #"Charter"

and then (2) change the clefGlyph to some, maybe ascii encoded character number
or something?

\set Staff.clefGlyph = #"clefs.F"

Anyway, how can I most simply accomplish this?