Re: EasyLilyPond: A Tribute To LilyPond And LilyPondTool

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: EasyLilyPond: A Tribute To LilyPond And LilyPondTool
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:29:36 +0100

Hi Francisco, Bertalan and Michael,
thanks you all for your feedback.

2007/12/23, Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> Sounds great. I have a pair of suggestions:

All are welcome :)

> I hope this also takes into account the customised path for "Program
> Files" directory on localisated versions of Windows. The bundled
> lilypondtool+jedit+sumatra needed to touch several conf files to adapt
> it to Spanish Windows.

Actually, it does AFAIK.  The path used for Sumatra is relative to the
jEdit launcher file, so there shouldn't be any problem.

> The only way I've found not having to close your desired PDF viewer
> while trying to recompile a LP document, is to see the PS document
> with GSview (and Ctrl+R to reload). Will Sumatra let others write in
> the PDF being viewed, in a future?

I don't know at all. Think of Sumatra mostly as a spare wheel for
users who don't have anything else (I use foxit on Windows, but it is
proprietary). It could be worth considering implementing GSview
instead (plus we could use the already included ghostscript
libraries).

> I wanted to add Spanish, just tell me how.

Setup and Launcher localization: download the sources, open the
locales\ directory and make two files after the existing ones:
YourLanguage.nsh and YourLanguage_Launcher.nsh.
Then i'll just add an include line in the main files.

Same thing for the example/firstrun/welcome file: just send me one if
you want. As you can see, I have not been very serious in writing it;
maybe we could discuss it with the other Documentation guys.

2007/12/23, Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden>:
> Wow! Now that should definitely go to the main page, shouldn't it?

Thank you; I was sort of hoping that you would approve my project :)

> Your server is a bit slow at least for such demand you surely get with
> this :-) You may want to create a sourceforge project for it, or join
> the lily4jedit project. There you can commit your icon as well, if you
> send me your sourceforge user name - privately - I can grant you write
> access to the repository, and will also help finding the right place in
> the project structure, or at least - if you don't want to play with SVN
> - just let you release the binary and the .gz sources.

I would be honored. I do not have a sourceforge account yet, but I'd
be thrilled to join the lily4jedit if you accept me on board. I am in
no way a developer, but if I can help with the user-friendly side,
that would be just great.

2007/12/23, Michael David Crawford <address@hidden>:
> Another option for speeding up downloads while reducing server load is
> to offer BitTorrent downloads.

Yes, this is a great idea; however I'd like to wait for a more stable
version (or maybe a self-update feature, who knows?). Otherwise I'm
afraid a lot of people could have a buggy version if they don't have
the latest ed2k/torrent whatever.

By the way, i'm uploading a new pre-pre-pre-etc.-alpha version right
now. I rewrote the whole uninstallation thing; hopefully this will be
less buggy.
(Oh, did I mention it *is*buggy? You might want to test it on a
virtual OS first; this is what I do on my prehistoric computer and it
is *quite* slow... I have been sleeping for about two hours only these
past three days :)

Cheers,
Valentin