RE: Re-printing instrument names

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Re-printing instrument names
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:54:26 -0000

Hi Johnathan

Resetting shortInstrumentName at the appropriate points
in the music should do what you want.  The trick is that
the \set shortInstrumentName command has to be placed in
the music for each staff at least one note, skip or rest
-before- the end of the previous system.  Then reset them
all back to "".

Here's an example:

\paper {
  raggedright = ##f
}
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = ""
      \relative c'' {
        \override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first =
##t
        c c c c c c c c c c c
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = ""
        c \break