Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:34:05 -0500

Hi Jeremiah,

Thank you for your advice (and ALL your many helpful comments in the Lilypond archive).

My pleasure!

I have been able to Start my systems exactly the way I want to

Excellent.

How do I name InnerStaffGroup s?

Hopefully the example code (below) will help.

Best wishes,
Kieren.

\version "2.11.33"
\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

notes = \new Voice \relative c'' { c1 }

\score
{
        \new StaffGroup
        <<
                        \new InnerStaffGroup <<
\set InnerStaffGroup.systemStartDelimiterHierarchy = #'( SystemStartSquare ) \set InnerStaffGroup.instrumentName = \markup { " Violin " \hspace #1 }
                                \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = " I "
\notes >>
                                \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = " II "
\notes >>

\new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = " Viola " \clef alto \transpose c c, \notes >> \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = " Cello " \clef bass \transpose c c, \notes >> \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = " Bass " \clef bass \transpose c c,, \notes >>

        \layout
        {