Re:Questions from new lilypond user ( guitar string indication)

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re:Questions from new lilypond user ( guitar string indication)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:54:06 -0800

Change the \ to a hypen -
Someone else has probably already told you this.

Yours-
Jay

Jay Hamilton
www.soundand.com
206-328-7694

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:20:32 -0800 (PST)
From: guitarmiami <address@hidden>
Subject: Questions from new lilypond user
To: address@hidden

I'm trying to learn Lilypond by transcribing Dowland's Lacrimae Pavan from
lute tablature to guitar.

I have a few questions:

* when I generate the PDF, each note links to the file on my desktop.  Is
there a way to de-link the PDF file?

* In the piece below (intro to Dowland's Lachrimae Pavan) the string
indication isn't showing (\3).  I want to indicate that the f# is on the 3rd
string (open).

* I'm writing it with three voices.  Should I write out the entire piece on
those three lines? Or are you supposed to start new lines? e.g., every four
measures...

* Any other suggestions based on my snippet below?

\version "2.10.25"

{
  \key e \minor
  <<
  \voiceOne { <<b'4. e''4.>> d''16 c''16 b'4 g''4 } \\
  \voiceTwo { g'4. fis'8\3 g'8 a'8 b'4 } \\
  \voiceFour { e4 e'4 e2 }