Re: pedal tremolo (docs?)

From: Damian Legassick
Subject: Re: pedal tremolo (docs?)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:49:17 +0000

ah yes,

i did look, but i skipped over the preamble to 'line-interface'

what you might see if you're skimming this doc page in search of style is the list of user settable properties where you find, just as in PianoPedalBracket:

style (symbol)
    This setting determines in what style a grob is typeset. Valid choices depend on the stencil callback reading this property.

and so you'll go on searching

i would have found it if the entry was

#'style = #'symbol
    This setting determines in what style a grob is typeset.
    The property style can be line, dashed-line, trill, dotted-line or zigzag.
    Valid choices depend on the stencil callback reading this property.

mats wrote:

Of course, another approach to find the answer to Stefan's question is to look
at the Internals/Program Reference for the TrillSpanner object and see what
the style property is set to for trills.

that's true, but you have to know about line-interface/style to know what to look for ;-)

this small email exchange has cleared this up for me. in fact it's kind of obvious now. but i wouldn't have got this by myself from the docs.

alas, im not secure enough with the source code to annotate the auto-generated internals-ref

cheers