Re: spacing between systems

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: spacing between systems
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:28:22 +0100

Dear Mats,
I've read the mentioned chapter in the manual and I know understand,
that my problem had to do with the "TimeSig"-context.
But now I have another problem.
On the first side of my score the bottom of the last staff is cut
off. I don't know why.
Here is the layout of the file:

\version "2.11.34"

    \paper {
               ragged-bottom = ##f
    ragged-last-bottom = ##t
    bottom-margin = 15\mm
    horizontal-shift = 5 \mm
    page-limit-inter-system-space = ##t
    systemSeparatorMarkup = \slashSeparator

   }

\layout{
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \consists "Text_engraver"
    \consists "Dynamic_engraver"
    \name "TimeSig"
    \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #4
     \override TimeSignature #'break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)
  }
  \context {
    \Score \accepts TimeSig}
    \context { \TimeSig \override VerticalAxisGroup
#'minimum-Y-extent =
    #'(-1 . 5) }

Mats Bengtsson schrieb am 03.01.2008:
>Please read the sections on "Vertical spacing between systems" and
>"Page formatting" in the manual. Note that this is one aspect that
>has changed significantly between versions 2.10 and 2.11, so some
>but not all of the more verbose description in the manual for version
>2.11 is relevant also for 2.10.
>
>    /Mats
>
>Stefan Thomas wrote:
>> Dear Lilypond-users,
>> I have a question concerning the layout.
>> I want to increase the space between between systems.
>> I mean the space between the last  (e.g."double bass") and the
>first
>> (e.g."piccolo") staff of the score.
>> How can I do this?
>> Thanks for support,