Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 00:25:57 +0100

On 03.01.2008 (13:50), Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>> And you don't need explanations.
>
> I disagree!

Me too. For the reasons Kieren gives, and -

>> Do normal LaTeX users ever look at the details of packages?
>
> I do... but then again, I'm not "normal".

- the follow-up question: ARE there any "normal" users? Which in a Lilypond
context also translates to: are there any normal user situations? OK, quite
a few guitar scores have more or less the same basic requirements as
compared to a piano score, but there are also almost always individual
differences which would make it difficult to make a ly file comparable to a
sty file which you can just include and use. Besides, the most useful LaTeX
packages are the ones that are thoroughly documented, and in any case, I
don't think I've ever used a sty file without issuing some \renewcommand or
\setlength.

Eyolf

--
"We can't schedule an orgy, it might be construed as fighting"
--Stanley Sutton