RE: Collision of clef and note - how to fix?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Collision of clef and note - how to fix?
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:35:21 -0000

Alasdair

Making small adjustments to the horizontal position of a
single within-staff objects is best done with overrides that
take effect after the typesetter has finished typesetting.
So to move a clef use extra-offset, eg

  \once \override Staff.Clef #'extra-offset = #'(-0.5 . 0)

will move the clef half a staff-space to the left.

Incidently, the spacing seems better in 2.11.

I not sure what you mean by 'hard-space', but I think the
answer is No.

Trevor D