Re: Debugger; draft mode

From: Reilly
Subject: Re: Debugger; draft mode
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:48:24 -0500

Valentin,

On Jan 6, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Valentin Villenave wrote:

 Would it be possible to add a
\draft mode to Lilypond which would ignore markups, text, dynamics, and
formatting and just do the music (4 bars to a line or something), so I
can do a quick read-through of the score?

This is great to see your mail: as it happens, we were just talking
with Rune the other day about some possibility to implement such a
feature. It definitely would be a HUGE improvement in LilyPond, and
since I'm writing a 300 pages opera, I know what you're talking about
:)

This answer is unfortunately: no at this time.

Thank you for explaining. Please tell me about your opera (outside of the Lilypond thread).

(2) I use TeXShop for my LaTeX. A superb program with an excellent
debugger. When I process a LaTeX file, if the compiler encounters an

Otherwise, i don't remember if you're planning to upgrade to Tiger or
Leopard someday (better wait for a few months before installing
Leopard though), but as soon as you'll have a 1.5 Java version, you'll
be able to install and use the great jEdit text editor, alongside with
its special plugin called LilyPondTool:
http://lilypondtool.organum.hu/87.0.html

One of it's most useful features is that it detects syntax errors as
you're typing, and underlines them in red, so that you can correct
mistakes without even having to compile your score!

It works under Windows, Linux, and Mac 10.4 (yes, my girlfriend has
10.3.9 too, and I know how frustrating these compatibility issues
are).

Yes! Yes! TeXShop does this too (syntax checker). Thank you for the info.

cheers,

Jeremiah