Re: Leaving: "I can't help"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Leaving: "I can't help"
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:52:52 -0800

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 15:19:13 +0100
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/1/6, Eyolf __strem <address@hidden>:
>
> > Ehem... unless with "currently" you mean "at this very moment", we
> > do have one, although too pressed for time at this very moment
> > (lasting until the middle of the month) to be as active as
> > desirable. But *zero*? No.
>
> (Shhhh! You're ruining Graham's rhetorical effect!)

Exactly.  :)

It's been about a month since an update from you.  I know your
book is due at the end of Jan, and this of course takes priority.
I'm not complaining about you.

However, this is still a problem for me.  I have formatters
working on sections which have never been touched by a rewriter.
My intent was to have this work like a production line in a
factory:
1) Rewriters fix the content (such as lilypond examples, adding
  rough text, etc).
2) Formatters polish the presentation of the content (fix the
  English writing, fix indentation in lilypond examples, add
  links, etc)
3) advertise section of the docs on -user, get comments about what
  work still needs to be done.  Go back to step 1 and repeat until
  we have no more commments.

If step 1 isn't being done, it's a problem.

Besides, did you _really_ want to be the only person working on
the content?  It would be much, much better if we had a couple of
different people working on this, so you could all check each
other's work.

Cheers,
- Graham