Re: Thank you!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Thank you!
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:31:09 -0800

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:48:55 +0100
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/1/8, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> >   - WTF are glissano-contemporary and jazz-combo-template listed
> > here?
>
> glissando-contemporary: seemed obvious to me. It is a notation that
> affects Pitches, in a very specific way. However, after having

Since we introduce glissandi in Expressive, it should be tagged
with that.

> >   - ambiti-multiple-voices has some problems with the
> > snippetverbatim. You could leave this for John to fix, but it would
> > be nice if you could figure out why it's happening and fix it
> > yourself.
>
> I can't. Maybe it's because I've used some <code></code> formatting
> tags in the HTML description, other than that, I don't understand
> what's happening.

buildscripts/makelsr.py

To be honest, *I* don't understand what's happening either... but
only because I haven't looked.  This is your (and John's) problem
now.  Since you have git write abilit, it would be nice if you
handled the mundane updating.

Read the script, and ask John some questions in French if
necessary.

- REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CHECK THE UNSAFE SNIPPETS MANUALLY!!!

somebody could dump scheme 'rm -rf /' into LSR and have it not
break everything (because LSR runs in a chroot environment).  But
then when I do git update and build the docs, my system gets
hosed.

> > These tasks aren't as urgent as the bug reports, so I didn't
> > bother mentioning them a week ago when I first noticed them.
>
> You should have; I (still) handle LSR snippets much better than bug
> reports.

I was hoping that you'd notice them.  I don't want to have to
check all your work myself.

> Yes, I already have worked this out (but I thought this was to be
> postponed :)

Go ahead and send me an updated file.  I make no guarantees about
when I'll look at it, though.

Cheers,
- Graham