Re: Thank you!

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Thank you!
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 21:01:17 +0100

2008/1/8, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Since we introduce glissandi in Expressive, it should be tagged
> with that.

It was too. That's the cool thing with tags, you know :)

> buildscripts/makelsr.py
>
> To be honest, *I* don't understand what's happening either... but
> only because I haven't looked.

I have, and still don't understand.

What's the matter with you? You're almost blaming me for not having
learned Python yet.

> - REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CHECK THE UNSAFE SNIPPETS MANUALLY!!!

What do you mean by "unsafe"?

I read and compile every new snippet before approving it, and I have
been reviewing the full LSR to read every snippet that were entered
before I was in charge. Basically, there's hardly one snippet with
whom I'm not familiar know.

> somebody could dump scheme 'rm -rf /' into LSR and have it not
> break everything (because LSR runs in a chroot environment).  But
> then when I do git update and build the docs, my system gets
> hosed.

I haven't thought about that. I don't know how harmful can Scheme code
be, but there's clearly a potential issue here. However, it would
require that a dangerous snippet was approved, and this is not gonna
happen.

> I was hoping that you'd notice them.  I don't want to have to
> check all your work myself.

I would have in the end. But at the time where I started my full LSR
reviewing-tagging, I had no idea some snippets could get included
verbatim -- otherwise I sure would have corrected the indentation
(besides, most of the non-indented snippets were originally added by
myself, sometimes based on some former regtests).

> Go ahead and send me an updated file.  I make no guarantees about
> when I'll look at it, though.

Maybe I'll talk web-design with John first; I remember he had some ideas too.

V.