Re: Tweaking confusion

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Tweaking confusion
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 06:03:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> This is something that has changed from version 2.10 to version 2.11.
> The property break-align-symbol is for version 2.10 whereas
> break-align-symbols is for version 2.11.

I've been wondering the purpose of the list symbols for break-align-symbols.
It seems that I'm not able to create a tempo mark tweak which would align
things on a key-signature and if that's missing to a time-signature. If I
give #'(time-signature key-signature) the mark is always aligned to a
time-signature. If I turn them around the mark is aligned to a key-signature
when it exits. If not, it is aligned to the bar line on the left. The
program reference says: "If the grob selected by the first symbol in the
list is invisible due to break-visibility, we will align to the next grob
(and so on)." When does this invisibility occur?

Anyways, I created a scheme / tweak / whatnot that accepts a second
parameter – a list of symbols. Now I can align them as I please. :-)

-Risto

%%%% SNIP %%%%%%
\version "2.11.35"

tempoMarkAlign = #(define-music-function (parser location markp align)
(string? list?)
#{
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 .
-inf.0)
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = $align
    \mark \markup { \bold \smaller \smaller $markp }
#})

{
    \key d \major
    \tempoMarkAlign  #"Senza denti" #'(key-signature)
    d'2 d' |
}