Re: collision, is there a workaround?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: collision, is there a workaround?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:47:42 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote:

This is the FIRST TIME EVER that I see a (smallest) mistake in one of
your mails!
Then you haven't read them so carefully! :-)
Anyway, I realize that my previous formulations of this bug (and therefore your
description of it in the bug tracker) may be misleading.
The bug is an (almost) collision between a rest and an accidental and the fact
that this only occurs when the note and the rest are outside the staff.
Even though the spacing algorithms have changed between 2.10 and 2.11
and it's partly subjective how closely spaced the objects could be before calling it a bug, the problem here is that there's no "non-ugly" way of fixing the problem
for a user who wants a larger spacing.
Perhaps the true bug may be that the left-padding property is completely
ignored in
\relative c''  {
\override Score.AccidentalPlacement #'left-padding = #10
a8\rest ais4 }
The default setting of this property is 0.2, which seems to indicate that the intention
is to avoid the edge-to-edge placement that we see with 2.11.37.

   /Mats