Re: systemSeperators

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: systemSeperators
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:17:12 +0100

2008/1/10, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden>:
> btw, can I change the size of the seperators- they look pretty cute
> but I doubt if they help...(see jpg)
>
> thanks

What does the doc tell you?

> "systemSeparatorMarkup
> This contains a markup ob ject, which will be inserted between systems.

OK. So it is in fact a markup. You can do whatever you want with it:

systemSeparatorMarkup = \markup {
                                \bold \huge "Ole" \normal "was here" }

> This is often used for orchestral scores. Unset by default.

OK. By default, you won't have any.

> The markup command \slashSeparator is provided as a sensible de-
> fault, for example"

The \slashSeparator is a shortcut to insert a nice (but tiny) slash. OK.

Let's see how it is made. The source file is in the /ly directory, and
we can see in titling-init.ly that the \slashseparator command is
actually defined as follows :
slashSeparator = \markup {
  \hcenter
  \vcenter \combine
  \beam #2.0 #0.5 #0.48
  \raise #0.7 \beam #2.0 #0.5 #0.48
}

You can play with these numbers the way you want.

Cheers,
Valentin