Re: Lilypond: Newsgroup?

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Lilypond: Newsgroup?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:10:57 +0100

Huh, http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/last=/force_load=t

Stefan Slapeta wrote:
I can't see it making a huge difference.  If you're interested, I
believe that gmane supplies NNTP.  I only spent 30 seconds looking at
their site, so I'm not totally certain though.

I do - searching in old threads is a _LOT_ easier with a newsgroup client
than via http archive!

I've been working for with gmane for some years in boost C++ newsgroups and
I've also been moderator there ... I didn't have any negative experience so
far.

The setup of a new group is very easy and straightforward. More difficult is
the migration of the previous mailings.

Shall I drop Lars a note?

Stefan