Re: lilypond-book and searchable pdf:s

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and searchable pdf:s
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:35:23 +0100

Le samedi 12 janvier 2008 à 01:57 +0000, Erik Ronström a écrit :
> (since I can't make
> pdflatex work with my generated tex files from lilypond-book, I have to
> use dvips)

This is not true: if you replace --psfonts lilypond-book option with
--pdf, you'll get a LaTeX document to be processed by pdflatex.  I
recently changed lilypond-book doc to explain clearly both ways (via
latex/dvips/ps2pdf or via pdflatex) and encourage new users use
pdfLaTeX, see

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/An-example-of-a-musicological-document.html

and

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Invoking-lilypond_002dbook.html

or 2.11.28 doco when it's released -- all LaTeX-related lilypond-book
2.11 documentation also applies to 2.10.

HTH,
John