Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:19:29 +0100

2008/1/12, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> I'm having a piece with each vocal voice split into two, which are printed on
> the same staff. As I only want to print dynamics, articulations etc. once, I
> simply remove the corresponding engravers from the second voice. However, I
> have not been able to find the proper engraver for the \fermataMarkup.

AFAICT it should be the " Text_engraver".

> Attached is an example, where I have successfully removed the \p, the \accent,
> an ordinary _"Text" and a normal \fermata from the second voice, but the
> \fermataMarkup is apparently not created by either Dynamic_engraver,
> Text_engraver, Script_engraver or Mark_engraver...

This is strange.

A possible solution would be to temporarily redefine the
\fermataMarkup shortcut.

As you can see in property-init.ly, it is defined as follows:

fermataMarkup = \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }

Why not temporarily define it as :

fermataMarkup = \markup ""

It's a hack indeed, but maybe this could solve your problem in a basic way.

> So, the question is, which engraver does create the fermata on whole rests?

Good question :)

Cheers,
Valentin