Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:59:55 +0100

Am Samstag, 12. Januar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> A possible solution would be to temporarily redefine the
> \fermataMarkup shortcut.
>
> As you can see in property-init.ly, it is defined as follows:
>
> fermataMarkup = \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
>
> Why not temporarily define it as :
>
> fermataMarkup = \markup ""
>
> It's a hack indeed, but maybe this could solve your problem in a basic way.

Actually, this doesn't work, either, as the attached example shows. The
contents of fermataMarkup are already expanded when mII is defined, a later
definition does not have any effect (check this by moving the definition of
fermataMarkup in the example above the definition of mII !). So redefining
fermataMarkup is equivalent so completely removing the fermataMarkup from the
second voice, which I can't do, because I want to generate also one score for
the second voice alone...

Cheers,
Reinhold