Shifting a markup

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Shifting a markup
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:21:58 +1100

I have a time change (from 6/2 to 9/4), and at the time change I have the markup:

\markup {
  \smaller \note #"2" #1 "=" \smaller \note #"2." #1
  }

above the first note in the new time signature.  But I'd like to shift the entire markup to the left and up (ideally, I'd like the = sign to sit over the bar line between the two times).  My attempts to move the markup have resulted in the three symbols being printed over each other.

What is the correct way of doing such a shift?  I'm using version 2.10.33, but I shall upgrade to version 2.11 when I'm back at work in eight days, and can afford to download large files!  Or is there a smallish patch to upgrade 2.10.33 to 2.11. 37?

Thanks,
Alasdair