RE: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:33:28 -0000

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote 12 January 2008 21:54

> Am Samstag, 12. Januar 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
> > Why not just leave the fermata (and everything
> else that you
> > don't want) out of mII?
>
> Because I'm also creating one score for the
> second voice alone, so each voice
> needs to have the full
> dynamics/articulations/ornaments... (And as these are
> vocal voices, i cannot use \partcombine, either,
> since that won't work with
> lyrics).

In that case have you considered placing the dynamics
over skip notes in a separate variable and including
that in parallel with the voice where you wish them to
appear?  This method also gives better control over the
horizontal placement of dynamics too.

> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Trevor