GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:10:53 -0800

I'm still seeking comments on NR 1.1 Pitches.  As far as I know,
only one advanced user has read the whole thing in the past month.
If you read it and didn't see any problems, please let me know.

View it here (and not on lilypond.org!)
http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/

A pdf is available.  The section is 24 pages; if you prefer
viewing documentation on paper, then please consider printing it
out.  You could read it on a bus/subway, under the table during a
boring business meeting, or even during an orchestra rehearsal
while the conductor fixes mistakes in the viola section.  Unless
you play viola, of course.

I know you're all sick of me asking for comments about this
section, but it's important to catch mistakes before people start
translating -- if we discover mistakes after the translations are
done, we need to update documents in every language, instead of
just the English docs.

Also, this is the first part of the NR to be updated.  The rest of
the NR will follow the layout of 1.1 Pitches.  If there's any
problems with the layout / formatting, then I *really* want to
know now, before we edit the rest of the docs to match this
formatting.

Here is the current TODO list; don't report any issues which are
already on this list.

MINOR ISSUES

- headword could be improved (line-break)
- some minor formatting issues with included LSR stuff.

POSTPONED  (ie after GDP is over)

Note names in other languages:
- table formatting
- pitches in Turkish Maquam and other microtonal systems?

Cheers,
- Graham