Re: Shifting a markup

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Shifting a markup
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:57:06 +0100

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

For the record, I believe *any* value (i.e., not necessarily in the range [-1,1]) may be specified.
True! Also, don't forget the convenient definitions that let you say #LEFT instead of #-1,
#RIGHT instead of #+1 and #CENTER instead of ...
Wouldn't it be a good idea to use those as the defaults? That way users could see that they can use these convenient definitions.
You mean to print these instead of the numeric values in the internal/program reference document? Well, if you can figure out any clever way let the automatic documentation generator figure out if +1 should mean +1 or #UP or #RIGHT in every situation, then this would be a great feature. However, based on how this documentation currently
is generated, I cannot conceive how that could be done.

   /Mats