Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Jamie Bullock
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:08:38 -0000 (UTC)

On Mon 14 Jan, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> - You cannot start or stop "spanners", i.e. things like crescendi,
> pedaling,
>   text spanners this way.

That's a pity, because it was the pedaling (Up) mark that I needed to put
under the barline.

I'll use the 'hidden voice' solution for now, but obviously this is just
pragmatic and not really a nice way to work.

> Regarding the possibility to sponsor the implementation of new features,
> it seems
> that none of the main LilyPond hackers have the time to do anything like
> that
> for the moment. We have a long list of bugs, that also needs to be
> considered,
> for example.

OK. Please just bear in mind that at some point in the future I would be
interested in (co)sponsoring this feature in some shape or form.

Jamie