Custom font commands (for header fields)

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Custom font commands (for header fields)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:53:34 +0200

Dear All,

I've been trying to create a command that I could use in the header
fields to change font size and such. I'm doing this is because I'm
writing a song book and I'd like to tweak the font size of the songs
with just one command that's specified in an external (.ily) file.

Is there a way to do this? I've also tried scheme but it was no use
(probably because I didn't do it right :-)). You can find my futile
attempts below.

-Risto

%%% Start %%%
\version "2.11.32"

titleText = #(define-music-function (parser location markp) (string?)
#{
    \markup \bigger \bigger \normal-text { $markp }
#})

%titleSize = \fontsize #2.0
%titleSize = \bigger \bigger

\header
{
    %title = \titleText #"Foo"
    %title = \markup \normal-text \titleSize { "Foo" }
    title = \markup \normal-text \fontsize #2.0 { "Foo" }
}

{c'1}