Re: Fitting more bars in a line

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Fitting more bars in a line
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:52:39 +0100

I am using 2.11.something and have had to mess around with the Ly file to get it
to print. However I can't get it to print as compactly (7 a4 pages) as the
original PDF, as whatever I do I can't fit enough bars on a line.

I have recently tested the \pageBreak command with the option
\override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'page-break-permission = ##f  :
The exemple below fits in 2 pages (Lilypond don't care of \pageBreak ), and only 1 with this option.
Drawbacks:
If you delete the last line of this exemple ( \score { c'1} ), Lilypond scratches !!!

%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.11.34"
music = {  \repeat "unfold" 74  \relative{ c8 d e f g f e d } }

\score {
 \new Staff\music
 \layout {
   \context { \Score
       \override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'page-break-permission = ##f

\pageBreak    %% skip by Lilypond if page-break-permission not set to false

\score { c'1}  %% WARNING : don't delete this.

%%%%%%%%%