Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:13:47 +0200

Just in case...

On Jan 14, 2008 3:50 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> - In Accidentals, I wouldn't refer to "Nordic and Germanic languages",
> since both Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and German use
> "-iss" and "-ess" (admittedly the same concept, but
> a different spelling).

I guess the same applies for "Note names in other languages" and the
first sentence after the first table: "Note that in Dutch, German,
Norwegian, and Swedish, the flat alterations of a like for example aes
and aeses are usually contracted to as and ases (or more commonly
asas)."

That sentence applies to Finnish, though! In addition, e flat and e
double flat are also known as es and eses, and b double flat as bb.

-Risto