Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:23:09 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:

If this particular feature does list under such a bounty section, I'll be happy to put my name in the "willing to sponsor" column. I've been looking for such a feature for quite some time now, especially being able to stop arbitrary spanners / hairpins just *before* a barline; my application is to show special types of bowing (in the strings) or breath (in the winds) filling out the complete duration of a note (rather than continuing on to the *next* note, which is, of course, the current behavior of all spanners).

I just discovered that there is indeed a to-barline property for all spanner objects.
For example, you can do

\relative c'{
\set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
\override Staff.PianoPedalBracket #'to-barline = ##t
c \< \sustainDown d e f |
g1 \! \sustainUp   |
}

I didn't manage to make it work with TextSpanners, though. :-(

   /Mats