Re: left justifying text over multimeasure rests

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: left justifying text over multimeasure rests
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:19:59 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
If you replace the spacing note with an ordinary note, you see better what happens. If you then keep playing around with the example, you will notice that it's the "*0" that's the culprit. If you use s4^"..." instead, the result looks much better.
Thanks. It does look much better but I'm not sure if it's enough. I was using the method from before because it worked.
Of course, you don't get this artificially large horizontal spacing in any real world score and as soon as the spacing gets more tight, you won't notice the
problem even with your original approach.
I disagree and that's why I posted.

I'm sure you know about the alternative to use text marks attached to the
bar lines.
I have just tried this and I will probably adopt this as better than what I had been doing. Interestingly enough the font for \mark is larger than the default for ^"...". I will also have to write a Scheme macro for this since it's a lot to type for each tempo ,etc. mark. I will share this with LSR when I get something I like.

Thanks very much!

Paul