Re: Copyright symbol

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Copyright symbol
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:42:30 +0200

On Jan 16, 2008 12:24 AM, Father Gordon Gilbert wrote:
> I thought by virtue of the fact that I was using jEdit with LilyPondTool, it
> was already in UTF-8 encoding.  I looked throught the jEdit menus, and
> couldn't find anything to find out which characters I had, or how to change
> it.  How do I do that?

It seems that jEdit doesn't always "understand" that the file is UTF-8
encoded. I sometimes get some scary looking stuff when I try to use
accented characters. Usually this can be solved by adding the UTF-8
bit order marker (BOM) i.e. EF BB BF to the beginning of file using a
Hex editor. Not very elegant but it helps sometimes.

-Risto