Re: Fw: [SPAM?]: another two questions

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Fw: [SPAM?]: another two questions
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:24:02 +0100

> From: hhpmusic <address@hidden>
>

>   There are two additional questions. First, what's the difference between
> Lilypad-ascii.exe and Lilypad-unicode.exe? If I edit Chinese characters in
> the unicode version, will the output fonts be embedded?

Of course not. Any  unicode-aware text editor just encodes the files
it saves with the unicode character encoding. You need a unicode
encoded font to show special characters from a unicode encoded text
file.

> Second, How to use command line in Windows? I can't find any help from my
> system help files. I know one way is Start->Run "cmd.exe". But how to run
> lilypond's converter under command line?

If an executable program is in the path, it would be able to run just
writing its name. If an executable requires an argument, as lilypond
requires to know what input file do you want to process, the argument
comes after the executable name, so you have to write lilypond
your_file.ly <ENTER>

"The path" is an environment variable that your SO uses to search for
executables,  programs set it on install, normally.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org