invisible barlines at breaks

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: invisible barlines at breaks
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:02:43 +0100

Hi,

I´ve got a little problem. When I write music, sometimes it is necessary to
insert a break where there´s a special barline, e.g. if you have
something like that:

e4 e e e | e e e \bar "|:" e | e e e e | ...

it would be nicer to insert a break at the "|:" barline. This works
great by writing

e4 e e e | e e e \bar "|:" \break e | e e e e | ...

but the problem is that I need an invisible barline before the break. Lilypond
prints a normal barline there and that´s not what I want.

I also tried

e4 e e e | e e e \bar "" \break \bar "|:" e | e e e e | ...

but this didn´t work.

Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks, Dominic

--