Re: Different tempos

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Different tempos
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:26:22 -0800

On Sunday, January 20, 2008, at 05:27PM, "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Hi James,
>
>> Since lilypond can only have a line break where there is a measure,
>> essentially,
>> I just inserted a blank bar line in the repeat command. That solved
>> everything for me.
>
>Except it doesn't solve Kostia's problem.  =\
>He needs the eighth notes *not* to be synchronized -- i.e., the last
>eighth note in each part should land together.
>If you look at the output from your code, you'll see that each part
>simply stops playing when it "runs out of notes".
>
>Nice effort, though!  =)
>
>Best regards,
>Kieren.

Yeah, the forbid_line_engraver did the trick. I shortened it a bit because the
computer segmentation faulted at the original lengths, but it works.
 \relative c'' { <<

 \new Staff \with {
 \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
 \remove "Bar_engraver"
 } \new Voice \with {\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"}
{
 \time 1/8
 \cadenzaOn
 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(51 . 8)
 \compressMusic #'(379 . 51) {
 \repeat unfold 51 {b8\noBeam \bar ""}

 \new Staff \with {
 \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
 \remove "Bar_engraver"
 }\new Voice \with {\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"}
 {
 \time 1/8
 \cadenzaOn
 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(63 . 8)
 \compressMusic #'(379 . 63) {
 \repeat unfold 63 {b8\noBeam \bar ""}

 \new RhythmicStaff \with {
 \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
 \remove "Bar_engraver"
 } \new Voice \with {\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"}
{
 \time 1/8
 \cadenzaOn
 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(83 . 8)
 \compressMusic #'(379 . 83) {
 \repeat unfold 83 {b8\noBeam \bar ""}

 \new RhythmicStaff \with {
 \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
 \remove "Bar_engraver"
} \new Voice \with {\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"}
{
 \time 1/8
 \cadenzaOn
 \repeat unfold 379 {b8\noBeam \bar ""}