Re: Lyrics having characters with accents

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics having characters with accents
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:33:13 +0100

The Unicode support in LilyPond was introduced in version 2.5.x.
According to the log printouts you have copied below, you use version 2.4.6
which is very old and only supports Latin1 characters.

   /Mats

Daniel Boronka wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to write a piece with Romanian Lyrics. I need these letters in the stanzas:

 â ş ă î and ţ

I'm using Windows XP which has Notepad and the option to save as UFT-8 encoding. I am just copying and pasting these letters into my .ly file. I had no problems with German characters, umlauts and β, and I did not need the UFT-8 encoding.

I am using Lilypond version 2.6.4 (I think. How can I check that?). Everytime I try to process a UFT-8 encoded .ly file I get this error message:

PDF output not found. Error log:
GNU Lilypond 2.4.6
Processing 'song.ly'
Parsing...
A full log is in the file song.log

I've also tried different text editors, (including Notepad2) but I don't see an UFT-8 encoding option. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Daniel Boronka

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems