Re: How do I do these chord symbols?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How do I do these chord symbols?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:40:45 -0500

Hi Father Gordon,

Can anybody suggest some code that will make the following chords appear as they are here?
G6(add9) -- where the 6 is a super-script, of course
Fmaj9 -- I don't want the triangle, but the "maj"

Noticed that you haven't gotten a response from anyone with more ChordName(s) experience than I... Just in case this is an "emergency", I thought I'd offer the attached code, for your consideration.

DISCLAIMERS:
1. This is a TOTAL HACK -- there's more than likely a better way (using chord-name-exception, etc.). 2. Use this *ONLY* if the ChordNames are being used exclusively for display -- i.e., this will *NOT* generate "clean" MIDI, chord note content, etc.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
___________________________

\version "2.11.37"

chordStuff = \chordmode
{
        % hack the maj7 display for each chord
        \set majorSevenSymbol = \markup { "6(add9)" }
        g1:7+
        \set majorSevenSymbol = \markup { "maj9" }
        f:7+

        % return to "normal" output
        \unset majorSevenSymbol
        g1:6.9