Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:28:57 -0800

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:16:51 -0600
"Trevor Ba__a" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Umm, can we check something here?

Please, that's the whole point of this.

>    "Half-flats and half-sharps are formed by adding eh and ih; ..."
> ... which sounds absoutely crazy to me and should instead read ...
>   "Quarter-flats and quarter-sharps are formed by adding eh and
> ih; ..."

I agree; I've never encountered the term "half-flats".  But maybe
it's a European thing?  (or a poor translation from the
appropriate terms in Dutch or French or something?)

>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_%28music%29
>
> ... which includes both terms in the caption towards the bottom of
> the page.
>
> To me this is an obvious error and I immediately want to know who's
> behind the wiki article (as is, alas, so frequently the case on wiki).

If you're really interested in tracking it down (and sending
insulting emails or something ;)  you could check the history for
the page.

Have fun,
- Graham