Turn

From: Renato
Subject: Turn
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:12:23 +0100

Hi all
I am trying to copy  the famous Nocturne N. 2 Op. 9 by Chopin, but am getting crazy to make this figure:
http://xrl.us/beqd4
3d bar: the turn upon the c8 note.
I've been trying all possible configurations of code like this:

 \once \override TextScript #'script-priority = #-100
c8^\turn^\markup { \flat }
^\markup { \flat }^\markup { \natural }^\markup{\finger"12121"}

or

\once \override Script #'script-priority = #-100
c8^\turn^\markup { \flat }^\markup { \flat }^\markup { \natural }^\markup{\finger"12121"}

Changing the order of various components didnt help, the turn goes either on top or on bottom, but nevere between flat and natural signs, I've also tried crating a double voice with a s8 and dividing signs: it didnt work

I am using this now:
\once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( -1.5 . -3.2 )
c8^\turn^\markup{\finger"12121"}
(The override is needed because fingering is not centered)

 this is a regular turn without flat and natural signs, but the one in Chopin's piece requires that the note before a turn is a b, and not a bflat as it would be the case on a normal turn, I guess this is called a "chromatic turn" but I am not sure.

If there is a different more modern way to draw a "chromatic turn", it's OK, I dont want to create an exact replica of the original source, I just want to create a good modern version.

Moreover: is there a way to draw a little slur on the fingering (12121) like in the original?

Thanks and Bye
Renato
http://www.nightpassage.org