Open brackets for colouration

From: Greg Swinford
Subject: Open brackets for colouration
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:57:14 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering whether it was somehow possible to get open brackets (i.e.
just a right angle at the start and end of the bracket with no line in
between, like this: ┌  ┐) for notating colouration in mensural music. I've
been playing around with the dashed line settings for horizontal (analysis)
brackets but can't seem to find a way to make it look quite right. Currently
I'm having to use text markups containing the right-angle symbols above the
notes but it's not ideal.

Many thanks,
Greg.