Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:11:14 -0500

Hi y'all,

"Half-flat" perfectly makes sense, as a flat is a semi-tone and we want
to name a quarter tone i.e. a half of a half tone).  However,
"quarter-flat" may have been already too much used to allow using
anything else...

When I speak with musicians, I almost always say "a quarter-tone flat" -- I rarely (if ever) say "a half-flat" or "a quarter-flat".
But maybe that's just me...

Best,
Kieren.