Re: I need training...

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: I need training...
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:03:11 -0600

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Martin Seng Hin Yew wrote:

Hello list,

The knowledge of programming and scripting, for me, was inadequate for years. I went 'C' Programming lectures at college (few years ago) and only learned 10% of the 2 inch thick book (my bad...). Doesn't know much to code object-oriented programming, like lilypond (i think so..., please correct me if I'm wrong)

So, i went through the lilypond official manual, learned something, but still, not quite understand to apply stuff like \score, \context, \voice etc, normal input like using \relative is okay. Do i still continue reading the lilypond manual and follow the chapters, or there's something external for me to study advanced coding in lilypond? I love lilypond and i want to do everything possible with this app!

My salute to the contributors and developers, thank you guys for created such an awesome magic!

Happy but confused,
Martin

Martin-

In addition to the excellent advice already given, I would suggest looking in <http://www.mutopiaproject.org/browse.html> pages for "practical" solutions to coding. Caution: check the LilyPond version number and also remember that there are often more elegant solutions!

Often confused, but also happy,

Stan